Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny

Quote Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
    Are you METHODOFPAIN?
    Yup, very first GT

Destiny: My opinion

Well, after playing 10's of 1000's of games of MM and campaign on other FPS games, and after an unfortunately short Beta period for Destiny, I have my opinion of Destiny so far. It's not meant to promote or demote the game, it's not meant for anyone to like or dislike, it's simply my opinion.

I guess in the world of FPS games, there's only so much you can do that's truly original. The campaign was pretty decent although I felt that on hard it was more an effect of unfair as opposed to challenging. It was still pretty good but in some cases vague. Nonetheless, it's something I look forward to.

In the case of MM, I saw the unfortunately typical failures of poorly placed spawns and entirely too much armor/ability modification. MM, imo, reached pretty much it's pinnacle in the MW2 and H2/H3 era. They were fundamentally different games and the differences were what defined them. What we have run into is the "wall" in regards to originality in MM. Either you have the pure skill per player or you have the ability/armor or both enhanced. Sadly, it appears as though Destiny has fallen into the latter but frankly it's to be expected as there are really only 2 genres out there.

I feel, imo, that the campaign is worth more than the MM but also that it's a good game with a lot of potential.

Chats
    I enjoyed the story missions immensely. The MM was cool too and didn't see much problem in it. The feature that I really liked was the different armor that you would collect and see your guy go from a wimp to a badass.

Smurfsniper
    I played one matchmaking game and I couldn't damage anyone I was shooting unless I was in a vehicle. Great Single player, but the MM I will skip, if I don't skip this game entirely, as it is very similar to Defiance, in everything it does.

I was hoping for more from bungie, but it felt like they were playing it safe, and made it to much like Halo 4 if it were an MMO type game.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfsniper View Post
    I played one matchmaking game and I couldn't damage anyone I was shooting unless I was in a vehicle. Great Single player, but the MM I will skip, if I don't skip this game entirely, as it is very similar to Defiance, in everything it does.

That's what I said! But, I liked Defiance. Until I finished the story twice. All I had left were roadside missions "emergencies".

Chats
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurfsniper View Post

I was hoping for more from bungie, but it felt like they were playing it safe, and made it to much like Halo 4 if it were an MMO type game.
    Were you playing in the Iron Banner? Because there shouldn't be any level advantage in the regular matchmaking.

STAY CONNECTED. FOLLOW POLYGON NOW!

In case you were holding out hope you could keep your character from the Destiny beta — it was attached to a Bungie account in the cloud, after all — forget it. Bungie's weekly update has said definitively that Destiny will change too much between now and its release date for this to be feasible.
    "This is the last time we'll ask you to part with your hero," Bungie wrote. "On Sept. 9, you can create a Guardian who will keep you company for a good, long time. On a long-enough timeline, you might decide to delete him or her and start over again — but that will be your call to make."

So Destiny beta players will have to go back over the missions they played in reaching level 8, the level cap during the beta. It probably would be more remarkable if one's progress was preserved, but given the size of the beta population, it was probably necessary to make this clarification.
    Destiny's beta concluded July 27, with 4.6 million players participating on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Activision declared that the largest open beta test for a console game in history.

I'll be grabbing it on the midnight release on my birthday for the 360. Once it comes out, Don't expect to see me on any other game for a very long time.

I have this pre-ordered for Xbone just for a fyi.

Same here Pillar