Thread: Point of view

Visionary

Point of view

Lets forget about bungie and 343 industries. If halo reach 4 and 5 were there own line of gaming then they would succeed in there own way. The problem is that they have predecessors halo 1, 2 and 3. 343s trying to fill slow paced gamers and fast paced gamers needs is them trying to please everyone, we all know its impossible to please everyone. It's seems like a good phone app/game that is changed to make money from every side. They don't see they are taking it and running with it. ( the halo universe) 343 needs to understand halo is slow paced because there is no way a 7 foot 490 pound being can run, at least not at a sprinting speed. The Masterchief doesn't die for a reason he is a impenetrable super human. The only way to kill him is from the inside out not outside in. Of course he's able to be damaged and killed but I'm speaking metaphorically. Spartans are heavy deployment artillery as a super juggernaut. They need to get realistic in the year 2557 As I said deployment nothing wrong with starting a multiplayer match with a cinematic of Spartans deploying from the sky thru drop pods and pelicans. That's what they should be bettering, Year 2557 technology. I see they have Spartan 4s now but they aren't Spartans really there more like a tactical marine force if they can move like that, witch means the only game that shoulda had sprint was ODST. All there suppose to be doing is giving us the ability to see things in 2014/15 that we couldn't see 1999/2007 because of our real technology. At the end of the day it is no longer a universe game it's a military game. They could have done right by never bringing the Masterchief back and running off with there spartan 4s and name there games UNSC. and focus on the unsc period. They've turned halo into something it's not and that's the truth. At the end of the day we will have Masterchief collection to satisfy and halo 3s anniversary to look forward to. If anyone could step in and save halo they would need to start again from where halo 3 left off and ignore 343 industries attempts. Which I'm sure the true halo fans would not mind one bit at all. But would also mean ignoring some of the comics maybe not the books. Maybe this could have been prevented if Microsoft never bought halo and apple would have succeeded at retaining halo. But thats the past Halo 4/5 is no longer halo its a military game. No longer are we exploring worlds and destroying halos fighting aliens, religion and saving humanity. This is why the arbiter was important it explored or mind. We are just fighting. That's it fighting with no soul no cause, just war.

Chats
    1. Bungie isn't in the picture anymore.

2. Although the massive amount of weight, the Spartan armor is capable of producing it's own movements dictated by either predictability or neurological implants. Without this, Chief nor any Spartan could even move for that matter.

3. Halo, at it's origins, is a face paced game.

4. Taking Chief out completely would be like taking Mario out of Mario. The core characters that are left, Chief, Cortana (which is possible that she can be recovered), Arbiter, all have a first-person experience with the events in the previous games. The destruction of the first Halo, the Covenant leadership switch, the Sangheli-Human alliance, and the Flood, are all very important things that have changed the dynamics of the Halo universe. Without those characters, we would not see a intimate understand from the other characters that they would replace them with, and if they did have that understanding, wouldn't make sense at all.

5. The Master Chief IS the reason that all of this is happening. With the destruction of the first Halo, the Prophets made the fleet commander in charge of the pursuit of the Pillar of Autumn into the Arbiter. And with that failure, the Brute rose up to usurp the Elites place at the Prophets side. Because of that, the Arbiter encountered the Heretic in Halo 2 that planted the seed that the Prophets were lying to the Covenant. Then when Chief killed the Prophet of Regret, that solidified the leadership change. After that, the Arbiter was captured by the Gravemind, he finally understood that Halo was going to kill everyone, and he then led the Elites against the Brutes. This WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED without the Master Chief. Now it is revealed to is that Chief is the perfect combination of genetics and circumstances that will lead humanity to their rightful spot as the inheritors of the Forerunners, because he is the Reclaimer. And all of this was possible because Mendicant Bias has somehow guided Chief to do the things he has done and survive what he has been through.

Therefore, taking Chief out of Halo permanently would be the equivalent of taking Jesus out of the Bible.

6. Halo 4 is not about just fighting. No Halo game's story has purely been war, not even Halo Wars. What the Halo games do is put the player in the control of the most pivotal person in that universe, tell his story, and in Halo 4, show who he is as a person, who is struggling to find self-autonomy and self-identity, because even though he has been the Hero that humanity desperately has needed, he doesn't know what it actually means to be human. Any other character we have played as has only aided Chief.

As someone who has read all the Halo lore and played these games I have to agree with Raptor. Master Chief IS Halo and Halo IS Master Chief,they need each other to be what they are. You must remember that MC was taken from his family at 6 years and was started on this path that he is on so it made perfect sense what he did in Halo 4. For a game to last beyond the usual 3 installments there has to be a reason beyond the usual "bad guy",the Halo series has done that very well.
    At the end of it all I agree with Raptor,since we have not played Halo 5 yet we do not know how things are going to be in our beloved Halo so time will tell all.

Chats
    I will say this i really enjoyed Halo 4 as a game despite all the hate it gets. I loved the story, was upset with what happened to Cortana and i liked the new enemy the prometheions. And im very curious to see what they do with Master Chief in Halo 5 with Cortana gone and learning why he deflected. I also agree with Raptor with everything that has been said. Seems to me that they are trying to turn Halo into another Call of Duty (which would degrade it anything is better then CoD in my opinion.) Now it makes sense why they created the Spartan 4s that way it works for multiplayer. But i gotta say this though as a halo fan who has read a handful of the halo books, can't chief run at like 20-25 miles an hour when sprinting? Sure it doesn't make perfect sense but in the books those Spartans have sprinted and was pretty fast

Yes Blarby,Spartans can run 20-25 mph as stated in many places in the books. Remember,while a Spartan is a modified person they would not be as awesome as they are with out the MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor! MJOLNIR is the reason they can sprint and jump like they do.Later Spartan classes have good armor but NOTHING like the Spartan II MJOLNIR armor,this armor is THE reason for a large portion of the augmentation they under went.

Chats
    Right...the Spartan 4s armor doesn't seem it can do that actually it doesn't really seem to improve the wearers physical prowess unlike MJOLNIR II.

True and if it did they would not be Spartan 4's now would they?
    LOL

Chats
    Thats true lol