Thread: Email about my Xbox One Hardware Problem

Email about my Xbox One Hardware Problem

Anyone else get this, or am I just unlucky?

Dear HC SLIK,

We're sorry for the bad news, but you'll need to send your Xbox One in for repair. There's a hardware problem that prevents it from taking updates, which you'll need to play newer games. We don't want you to be held up by this, so please send in your console right away.

We know this is an inconvenience. We want to get a working Xbox One to you as soon as possible, so we're offering an advanced exchange for free. Also, we sent a message to your console in September with a $20 code. If you haven't already, please use it to enjoy additional games and entertainment on us.

There are two ways to send your console back:

Standard Repair: Microsoft will provide you a shipping label so you can send your console to our service center. Once the console is repaired, we'll ship it back to you. This is free, and we won't need a credit card. To begin, submit a repair request at http://myservice.xbox.com. For more info about repairs, go to http://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/war...repair-process.

Advanced Exchange: Microsoft will ship a replacement Xbox One to you first, then you'll send back your console. Availability may vary by region. To start this process, call (800) 469-9269. Some things to know:

• It's free. The usual advanced exchange fee is waived for this issue.
    • We'll need your credit card details. You won't be charged, but a hold of up to $500 will be placed on the card until we get your console back.
    • You must return your console within 14 days of receiving the replacement to avoid being charged.

If you've already set up or completed a repair or exchange, please disregard this message.

For more information see:

Xbox One Repair: Frequently Asked Questions

Thank you for your patience. We'll get this turned around as quickly as we can.

Sincerely,
    The Xbox Team

I called Xbox support and the support rep didn't know anything about it. She said the email may be malicious, but what do you know, I fired up my xbox one and I have a message from xbox live saying there is a problem with my xbox and it needs repair, and there is an Alert in the dashboard that says the same thing. Guess I get to call back and wait on hold again.

They are sending me an "advance exchange" xbox one, but it may not be here by Tuesday for the release of H2 Anniversary. I am pretty pissed, but all things considered, at least they sent me an email and I didn't get the game Tuesday and find out it didn't work.

Chats
    Aww man. That sucks. This is the first time I've heard about this though. Cool that they put it on your dash, not cool that it is on your dash.

Chats
    way to go xbox....good thing I haven't bought mine yet!!!!

While I feel bad for those hit by the hardware issue on their One's I'm failing to see how Microsoft is screwing anyone.Its clear they are doing everything they can to fix the issue,which by the way has not hit anyone who bought the One early. Hardware issues happen to EVERY company,does it suck that it was found right before MCC is dropped? Hell Yes! At least they found it and you have a chance to get your One in time as the other way of them not sending a new box before they even have your broke one. Sorry you are in this mess but you will get to play and play you will,lol

While I feel bad for those hit by the hardware issue on their One's I'm failing to see how Microsoft is screwing anyone.Its clear they are doing everything they can to fix the issue,which by the way has not hit anyone who bought the One early. Hardware issues happen to EVERY company,does it suck that it was found right before MCC is dropped? Hell Yes! At least they found it and you have a chance to get your One in time as the other way of them not sending a new box before they even have your broke one. Sorry you are in this mess but you will get to play and play you will,lol!
    Remember SLIK, I know it seems big but at the end of the day you will be rockin the H2 and this will all be a bad memory.
    Don't sweat the small stuff,life is too short!

I'm a thinkin' we need to set up a H2 playdate .... just sayin'

@Slik, sorry about the console brother, I seriously hate to hear that. Nonetheless, we'll rock on some new H2 graphics

I am also confuse

My post was due to comments made elsewhere which I should have explained,just happens that SLIK posted while this was fresh in my mind.
    Sorry for any mix up