Thread: MIT making live 3d a thing

MIT making live 3d a thing

MIT has apparently created a movie screen that will bring live no glasses 3d to everyone in the theater. This advancement is reported to allow every one to see the same picture and same 3d regardless of where in the movie theater they are sitting. Tech scales down, so soon we may have easy access to 3d screens in home that require nothing to see the extra dimension. That Oculous though.

Can't wait to see how this changes TV and Theaters in general. Give it 5 to 10 years, they'll have this perfect, then another 3 for widespread adaptation, plus with the increasing changes in VR and 4D... Can you even imagine where this is going?! I can, and I love the thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    Can't wait to see how this changes TV and Theaters in general. Give it 5 to 10 years, they'll have this perfect, then another 3 for widespread adaptation, plus with the increasing changes in VR and 4D... Can you even imagine where this is going?! I can, and I love the thought!
    It's a nice thought but it's not practical, IMO. You have to get rid of ISPs that choke bandwidth, and that's just the beginning of it. You're talking about, and this is my way of dumbing it down, going from square feet to cubic feet, and that's an extremely good and easy to use comparison. Bandwidth, ALONE, is going to have to go up by a multiple of 100x what it is currently just to keep up with the depth involved, that's at a MINIMUM.

Don't get me wrong, I'm liking the prospect but, until electronics are seriously re-engineered, we won't be seeing it any time soon. Believe me, the appliance companies will gouge the hell out of you for the ability to apply the technology. This won't be years but decades coming to the average Joe.

Good topic though. Thumbs up for it.
    Last edited by BaD1; 07-30-2016 at 09:29 PM.

Terrifying but awesome. I'm kind of excited. 3d gaming....